Prev: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Lite Next: Re: [GZG] LITE, LIGHT and other painful matters

Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Lite

From: "Allan Goodall" <agoodall@h...>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 13:19:42 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Lite

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 12:46 PM, Doug Evans <devans@nebraska.edu>
wrote:
> Good Gosh! Except for Nintendo's DS Lite, Lite Brights which preceded
>  Miller Brewing's trademark, I think, and few others, I can't Google
any
>  commercial usage!

I found quite a few, actually. Vari-Lite, E-Z-Lite, Macromedia Flash
Lite, Lava Lite, etc.

During a Google search, I found a reference to the book "Trademark &
Copyright Disputes: Litigation Forms and Analysis" on Google Books.
Part of the text said, "For example, take the LITE trademark of Miller
(U.S. Trademark Registration No. 1385379). That trademark is limited
to the exact logo of the word "lite".

I found another reference that Miller tried to trademark "lite" for
use with beer, but could not against other "light" beers. So, they
instead had to trademark "Miller Lite".

So Miller doesn't have the trademark on "lite", just on that
particular logo and "Miller Lite".

Allan

--
Allan Goodall http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Lite Next: Re: [GZG] LITE, LIGHT and other painful matters