Prev: Re: [GZG] Female listers Next: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Questions

Re: [GZG] ESU ships names (Chinese side)

From: Тимофей Потапенко <potapenkoteo@m...>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 11:23:00 +0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] ESU ships names (Chinese side)

Well, that might be one of the reasons why Russian tradition and Russian
part finally prevailed in ESU Navy. If Chinese person from the South
would have problems to understand Chinese person from a central province
(unless they learned at school Mandarin Dialect, wihch is not native for
both of them), Russian from Ukrain wouldn't notice any differences in
the speach of Russian from, let's say, Kamchatka. Even more: Russian,
Belorussian, Ukranian, Chekh, Slovak, Serb, Croat, Slovenian, Polish,
Bulgarian can understand each other, even if they haven't learned any
other language, besides there own.
From that point of view Russian is more convenient for the Navy.

About Chinese-language ships names. Well, I haven't seen yet any. Than,
I would suggest Russian-Soviet scheme, but using native Chinese words.
And Russian Scheme allows to give names to the ships after national
territories, using their national languages (there were DD and CL with
Ukranian langnguage names, and at least one submarin (Lembitu) with
Estonian language name). So, "Hun X'zang" for "Red Tibet" or "Renmin
X'xang" for "people's Tibet" would be nice.