Prev: Re: [GZG] Epic Carrying Case Next: Re: [GZG] Epic Carrying Case

Re: [GZG] Epic Carrying Case

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 21:21:44 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Epic Carrying Case

Michael wrote on 04/02/2008 01:28:51 PM:

> On Wed, 2 Apr 2008, Doug Evans wrote:
>
> > Actually, I was thinking, with proper utilization of space, and
strict
game
> > time schedules, you could do without the hotel as well...
> >
> > What gamer hasn't had the dream of converting a coach bus to a
personal
con
> > van?
>
> In rememberance of Douglas Adams:
>
> You've never heard of The Con?

Actually, the idea for the bus was to make a raider OF cons, not a
raider
con...

I have no trouble in eventually leaving a con, save for cutting it a bit
close at the dealer's room. ;->=

Mr. Burton West wrote on 04/02/2008 06:14:40 PM:

> On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 04:45:11PM -0400, Tom B wrote:
>
> >The only downside is that in bad weather, there'd be some real fog of
war as
> >the miniatures randomly changed positions on the boards (as did the
terrain,
> >dice, and anything else not nailed down). But get a big enough boat
(say
> >120'+) and pick decent weather and you'd have a good con.
>
> Y'know, there was that Juliett-class submarine up for sale a few years
> back... I'm sure you could get a boomer for the right amount of hard
> cash.

I've been on a Foxtrot diesel; damn little room there, but I hear the
Typhoons had swimming pools.

And, then, there's the missed opportunity of the Yavuz Sultan Selim ex
Goeben... *sigh*

Still, at least two cons, at Columbus and Indianapolis, would make a
large
boat/ship, er, difficult. Milwaukee, of course, was a somewhat different
story.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [GZG] Epic Carrying Case Next: Re: [GZG] Epic Carrying Case