Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] More new 15mm - MAWPs, GAWPs and more! Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] More new 15mm - MAWPs, GAWPs and more!

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] More new 15mm - MAWPs, GAWPs and more!

From: Samuel Penn <sam@g...>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 18:09:53 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] More new 15mm - MAWPs, GAWPs and more!

On Thursday 21 February 2008 17:22:55 Ground Zero Games wrote:

> >>  All great news...but are we ever going to see any of these
vehicles
> >>  in 25mm?	I ask because my scifi-ish / near modern collection is
in
> >>  25/28mm and with the basic folding up of DLD Productions I find
> >>  myself looking at these 15mm vehicles and saying "I could use a
few
> >>  of those in 25/28mm."
> >
> >I've turned to Old Crow for 25mm vehicles, and they look quite
> >nice alongside my GZG figures. They're actually better qualilty
> >than GZG 25mm vehicles (sorry Jon, but all the resin vehicles
> >I've bought from you have required a lot of filing to get them
> >into a fit state, though they do look good when finished).
>
> I'd be the first to agree that Jez's (OC) stuff is very nice - and
> that most of our 25mm resin moulds are getting very old now, which is
> why some items have been disappearing altogether as moulds finally
> give up. Maybe some day I'll be able to rework and remould at least
> part of the range, and issue new versions with much improved
> detailing and casting quality, but right now the costs and time
> involved vs. the likely sales numbers simply doesn't make it viable
> for me to do that. Oddly, whenever we actually delete an item,
> suddenly several people go "Oh no, I REALLY wanted get one of those"
> - whereas if they actually HAD ordered one while it was still
> available then maybe we'd have felt it worthwhile to do new moulds
> for it and keep it in production.....  ;-)

Heh :-) I think I did buy about 8 25mm vehicles from you back
at Colours, so I don't feel too guilty about doing that (though
there's a few I'm holding off buying until I've finished painting
my current batch of figures).

--
Be seeing you,			       http://www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.			    Mail/IM (Jabber): sam@glendale.org.uk