Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: was Re: [SG3]: What if? Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: was Re: [SG3]: What if?

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: was Re: [SG3]: What if?

From: DOCAgren@a...
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 11:40:55 EST
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: was Re: [SG3]: What if?

Well, only having limited Star Grunt play..
     I would like to be able to deploy my high tech infantry force and
be
able to take on a greater # of low tech enemies and have a good chance
of coming
out on top.   I would like my High tech troops to be able to out
shoot/range
effectively the lower tech enemies.

DOCAGREN

Just a Lurker here on the Digest, But maybe I have a good idea or 2..
    :-)
Or a few questions, that need answering

In Memory of Russ Manduca 7/22/67-1/8/08

In a message dated 2/9/08 10:36:42 AM,
gzg-l-request@lists.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
writes:

> Dragging this back to the particular question I asked, let me ask it
> again in a slightly different way.
>
> Setting aside all the myriad different opinions about what future
> warfare may REALLY be like, what do folks WANT from the game?
> We sell infantry (from militia to Heavy Power Armour) and tanks (from
> tracked to Hi-Tech Grav). What we're writing is a game that allows
> people to play with the toys they buy from us. So, it is a given that
> the game will be about infantry and tanks, of varying tech levels. If
> that means it is more about Science FICTION than about projections of
> probable military technology, so be it.
>
> I am assuming that in order to get a "balanced" game, the forces
> deployed will get smaller as the tech level increases; so to address
> the specific question I asked, do folks WANT the small high-tech
> infantry force to be able to shoot and kill enemy infantry at twice
> or three times the range that lower-tech troops can, or do you just
> want their fire to be more effective but at the same sort of ranges
> throughout?
>
> Jon (GZG)

(http://music.aol.com/grammys/pictures/never-won-a-grammy?NCID=aolcmp003
000000025