Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: was Re: [SG3]: What if? Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: was Re: [SG3]: What if?

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: was Re: [SG3]: What if?

From: Chris Ronnfeldt <zephyr2112@y...>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 02:05:51 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: was Re: [SG3]: What if?

--- Samuel Penn <sam@glendale.org.uk> wrote:

> Even without this, training of human remote pilots
> is going to
> be easier than real pilots, since (as I believe you
> said, but
> I've snipped it now) they can learn from their
> mistakes. No
> more problems like the RAF faced in the Battle of
> Britain.

In addition to pilots being able to learn from their
mistakes, there is one far more important factor
easing pilot training :

Real fighter pilots need to be physically fit enough
to handle multi-G turns. A guy siting back at HQ
operating a remote doesn't need to be in very good
shape.

That provides a substantially larger pool of potential pilots.