Prev: Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if? Next: Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if?

Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if?

From: "Allan Goodall" <agoodall@h...>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 01:03:47 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if?

On Feb 1, 2008 8:47 PM, John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've had Apaches on my radio net.  My platoon leader was talking to
> them.  That didn't happen in WWII.  You most certainly didn't have
> P-47s asking about the movement on a particular room and asking if it
> was friendly or not.

That was my impression, too, that the number of layers had been
eliminated, not added.

I think it was here that I saw a link to a blog posting about a
Canadian mechanized team in Afghanistan. The one incident that struck
me the most was when they were pinned down by insurgents in a
stronghold. Suddenly a voice came over their radio net with a call
sign that the Canadian didn't recognize. It turned out that the voice
was that of a Predator pilot who just happened to have his drone in
the neighbourhood. Soon after he dropped a Hellfire on the building
(after the Canadians determined that while 85 yards was a bit too
close to be when a Hellfire exploded, they would probably be okay
behind a wall).

Allan

--
Allan Goodall		 http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if? Next: Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if?