Prev: Re: [GZG] Opposed roll randomness (Was: [SG3]: What if?) Next: [GZG] Noam's 18 seconds of fame :-D

Re: [GZG] Opposed roll randomness (Was: [SG3]: What if?)

From: "The Sutherlands" <nishawn@c...>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 07:12:31 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] Opposed roll randomness (Was: [SG3]: What if?)

Do get the the result of poor troops have to do very well to beat good
troops who have done very poorly can you just add a modifier to the base
roll for quality?

Green d6-1
Regular d6
Veteran d6+1
Elite d6+3

If armed with a CC wpn shift die type up 1.  Power Armor rolls
2D6+quality
modifier.

So your elite power armor armed with flamer/shotgun is going to roll
2D8+3.
If he rolls double 1s and that green guy can roll a 6 he will beat him.
Not
very likely but it 'could' happen.

I realize this is GZG heresy.  Die type not linked to quality but I
think it
would give the desired probabilities and not be to complicated.

My 2 cents.
That Chuk Guy