Prev: Re: [GZG] Martians & La Marseillaise Next: Re: [GZG] Martians & La Marseillaise

Re: [GZG] Martians & La Marseillaise

From: Phillip Atcliffe <atcliffe@n...>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 23:51:31 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] Martians & La Marseillaise

N Bryett wrote:
> On 18/01/2008, at 02:18 , Phillip Atcliffe wrote:
>
>> It's possible that the current (2180s) anthem is either something we
don't know or a re-worked version of an existing anthem -- "Land of Hope
and Glory" with references to England being replaced by "Albion", for
instance.

> Er... There *are* no references to England (or even Britain) in "Land
Of Hope And Glory":

Well, that just makes matter simpler, doesn't it? They don't even have
to re-write it. <g> Dunno what I was thinking of, then -- some song that

gets sung at like occasions, with lines like "England shall <something
or other that I could never make out because the singers always screech
out the top notes>".

Phil

Prev: Re: [GZG] Martians & La Marseillaise Next: Re: [GZG] Martians & La Marseillaise