Prev: [GZG] FMA XFire Clan Next: Re: [GZG] Shield Reinforcement?

[GZG] Shield Reinforcement?

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 13:29:41 -0600
Subject: [GZG] Shield Reinforcement?

While thinking about adaptations to genre's, I couldn't recall anyone
doing
a form of shield reinforcement to do Cap'n Kirk's sterling command.

I know that anything that seriously tries to do energy allocation would
cause most of us, including yours truly, to run screaming from the room,
but I suddenly thought, as often happens, of yet another way to
complicate
the plotting step of a full thrust turn by suggesting plotting unspent
thrust points on numbered firing arcs.

My first thought was to suggest each point was a damage point, or
proportional to size of ship, as, bigger ship, more expensive the thrust
point. Then I wondered about buying a shield upgrade with points on the
plotted arc.

I know it doubles the complexity of firing by noting both firing ship
and
target's arcs. Anthing that might come out of this would have to be
DEEPLY
optional.

Has this ever been tried before?

The_Beast

Prev: [GZG] FMA XFire Clan Next: Re: [GZG] Shield Reinforcement?