Prev: Re: [GZG] Painting Guide for Starships Next: Re: [GZG] Questions for the listmind [TOBECLASSIFIED] [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Re: [GZG] Painting Guide for Starships

From: martin connell <mxconnell@o...>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 23:19:43 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Painting Guide for Starships

> So I'm looking for ideas, hints and tips.  Pictures of other craft
> and/or painting guides would be appreciated.	Even if it's just how to
> better apply a wash.	(I have the recipe for 'magic wash' from the
list,
> but I think I went bad by adding too much ink to it.)

A quick and dirty way, which definitely won't win any prizes but I think

gets an acceptible job for play, is to use staining gels from a craft
store.
The gels are in the same 2oz bottle as the Folk Art/Delta/Americana
paints.
I've painted a color light base coat, coat with gel and wipe off. It
fills
the grooves, you can do artsy things like vary how you wipe it of to get
the
effects like having passed through atmosphere, then pick out details in
different color paints. The gel gets thinner as it dries, so it doesn't
look
like you puttied up the engraved lines. I find the gels more
controllable
than washes. This method gets a fleet done in a couple hours to what I
feel
is an acceptible table top level.

If your looking to lavish love, then you've gotten plenty of good advice

already.

I tend to have "show piece" fleets and "table top" fleets, depending on
who
your playing with, how many, and where.

martin