Prev: Re: [GZG] Painting Guide for Starships Next: Re: [GZG] Painting Guide for Starships

Re: [GZG] Painting Guide for Starships

From: Stephen Scothern <stephen.scothern@G...>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 11:28:16 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] Painting Guide for Starships

Hudak, Michael wrote:

<snip>

> So I'm looking for ideas, hints and tips.  Pictures of other craft
> and/or painting guides would be appreciated.
<snip>

Hi Mike,

Pictures of my GZG ships are here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/scotherns/FullThrust

Most of them took hours each (I'm very slow at painting), so I can't
give you many tips for getting a fleet painted quickly. The exception is

the Kra'Vak - I specifically decided to do these fairly fast, with a
very different look. I was aiming for a dark, menacing, glowing-green
effect.  They were done as follows:

1) Prime black
2) Drybrush white all over
3) Apply (undiluted) green ink all over
4) Apply very dilute black ink all over
5) Paint a few of the panels brass

You have to let each stage dry before doing the next of course.

Cheers,

Steve

____________________________
This email (and any attachments) is private and confidential, and is
intended solely for the
addressee. If you have received this communication in error please
remove it and inform us via
telephone or email. Although we take all possible steps to ensure mail
and attachments
are free from malicious content, malware and viruses, we cannot accept
any responsibility
whatsoever for any changes to content outwith our administrative bounds.
The views represented
within this mail are solely the view of the author and do not reflect
the views of the organisation
as a whole.
Graham Technology plc
Registered in Scotland company no. SC143434
Registered Office India of Inchinnan, Renfrewshire, Scotland PA4 9LH

http://www.grahamtechnology.com

Prev: Re: [GZG] Painting Guide for Starships Next: Re: [GZG] Painting Guide for Starships