Prev: Re: [GZG] (fT)Looking for feedback Next: Re: [GZG] (fT)Looking for feedback

Re: [GZG] (fT)Looking for feedback

From: DOCAgren@a...
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 13:47:44 EST
Subject: Re: [GZG] (fT)Looking for feedback

Oerjan, that I happened to be wrong for taking the concept looking at
it and then for asking a question about the idea,   I won't make that
mistake
again here.
I will admit looked at the UN antimatter Torp as a simplied NOVA SALVO
(or
Antimatter Salvo missile as WOW1) missile, the reasoning the size came
down was
lack of range, and the lack of a secondary "fuel" for movement.   That
also
limited the warhead to 3 bands that are knocked down by PDS hits on 6
only which
was how I took the reading of the WOW discussion to have worked.

So then let me ask, why this Weapon was then given only 18mu range only
(well
with 3mu in burst).   I do know that the HM has a range of 20 and the
Narn
Energy mine with 6mu burst had range of 20 mu.

And from the idea of mounting these on Longer Range HM, I no longer see
an
issue

I do have 1 follow up question.   If U fire 2 or more of these AMT at
the
same target or end up near same traget also being hit by normal
missiles.   Does
the burst of 1 AMT kill the other Missiles and Torps.	Much like how
the rule
says any fighter in the blast range are destroyed.

DOCAGREN

Just a Lurker here on the Digest, But maybe I have a good idea or 2..
    :-)
Or a few questions, that need answering

In a message dated Thu, 29 Nov 2007 20:54:30 +0100 from Oerjan Ariander

>I was looking thur the Weapon & Defense Archives.
>      http://nift.firedrake.org/Weap-Def_Archive.htm
>I looking at the Nova Salvo Missile, which I beleive becomes the UN's
Anti
>Matter Torp.

Er - no, it didn't. If it had, the AMT wouldn't've had the "reduce
damage
by 1 die per mu of distance" complication but would instead have been a
"same number of dice throughout the entire area of effect" just like the

Nova Salvo Missiles and Plasma Bolts.

The UNSC's AMT is a cross between the Heavy Missile and the EFSB Narn
Energy Mine, and thus a cousin to both the Plasma Bolt and its
derivative
the Nova Salvo Missile.

>   Was wondering about mounting a "Anti-Matter" Warhead on a Heavy
Missile.

*Then* you get the UNSC's AMT...

Regards,

Oerjan

Check out AOL's list of 2007's
hottest products.

(http://money.aol.com/special/hot-products-2007?NCID=aoltop0003000000000
1)

Prev: Re: [GZG] (fT)Looking for feedback Next: Re: [GZG] (fT)Looking for feedback