Prev: Re: [GZG] [Terrain] Dwarven Forge rant Re: Shipboarding'uninvited' [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED] Next: Re: [GZG] Bolton List

Re: [GZG] Bolton List

From: Phillip Atcliffe <atcliffe@n...>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 17:02:12 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] Bolton List

> At the grand old age of 13 Lachy has hit 5 foot 9
So he's a bit of a titch like his mum then? <mumbles "sorry..." as he
ducks and runs> Thing is, /my/ son Lachlan topped me at the venerable
age of 13, and I'm 6 feet/183 cm. He's now at least 2 m/6' 7" tall. Then

my second son beat him in the "taller than Dad stakes" by a couple of
months, though he's a /mere/ 6' 4"/193 cm at the age of not-quite-19.
Their mother, who at 5' 10"/178 cm has spent much of her life
restraining herself from murdering little old ladies who wander up to
her and utter inanities like, "Ooh, you're a big girl, aren't you,
dear?" is quite amused at being the smallest person in the family.

> his size 13 feet are what are really worrying me at present
Size 13? /No/ problem! Wait until you have to deal with sizes 16 and 17!

/That/ can be awkward. If needed, I can give you the address/URL of a
good mail order company that deos shoes in larger sizes.
> (that and his first attempt at facial hair) ;)

Well, no parent has ever liked their sons' first attempts at facial
hair, either when it first comes in or when they decide to actually grow

it, so that's life. Ceremonially present him with an electric razor and
a (safety) blade razor and have your other half teach him how to use
them, and be prepared for the eventual First Beard -- 'coz it'll happen
in a few years time... ;-)

And to be honest, I have to add to the "it makes me feel old" list here;

realising that Mr Fulton the Younger is now in high school makes me
wonder where the years have gone. I can remember the proud posts of his
parents about his first fleet and army. Mind you, I can remember my own
similar posts about my sons....

Phil, another proud parent (in case you haven't guessed by now)

Prev: Re: [GZG] [Terrain] Dwarven Forge rant Re: Shipboarding'uninvited' [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED] Next: Re: [GZG] Bolton List