Prev: Re: [GZG] Fighters... Next: Re: [GZG] Fighters...

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Latest FT ships!! :-)

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 08:27:46 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Latest FT ships!! :-)

Ian wrote on 11/14/2007 05:06:14 AM:

> What do your tankers carry? Is it hydrogen and oxidiser for fuel
cells,
> radioactives or just water for fusion reactors?
>
> If a tanker suffers catastrophic damage and its load is explosive, how
big a
> bang does it make? How many D6 at what mu? Ideas welcome.

Short of a fusion reaction of the whole tank of H2O, or whatever the
contents, it seems unlikely that the explosion would be significant at
the
FT scale. Now, if the tanks were filled with anti-matter reacting with
matter ship...?

However, I think I've heard recently the energy release is overrated.
*shrug*

Fuel made of hyper-critical hand-wave-ium, and all bets are off!

> If its water could it function as a level 1 or 2 vapour shroud with
the
last
> vector of the ship and would a 6mu diameter cloud be too big? In that
vein can
> a tanker carrying water vent some to give an impromptu level 1 vapour
shroud?

Now, this, I think has more possibility. I should think you should tone
it
down quite a bit, though. I would also suggest a controlled release of
the
full contents, possibly doped, would create an optimum, though small,
cloud. An explosion would give a more dispersed, and probably not
effective, one.

***Snippage of Jon and Frits***

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [GZG] Fighters... Next: Re: [GZG] Fighters...