Prev: Re: [GZG] Shipboarding'uninvited' [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED] Next: Re: [GZG] FT Interface Craft & what CS for FB ship

Re: [GZG] FT Interface Craft & what CS for FB ship

From: DOCAgren@a...
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 12:05:36 EST
Subject: Re: [GZG] FT Interface Craft & what CS for FB ship

thing about Interface Craft.. in FT terms, used as Drop
Shuttle/ships...
     Look at the Assault Ship, so there we have...   4 Assault Shuttles
Massing 5 each and at cost of 10 points per Shuttle.   And each Shuttle
carries 50
CS of cargo.   Now it these I see moving 12.   If U are talking a
interface
craft the size of Fighter, yep it should move about teh same speed, but
these
Assault Shuttles are Massive in size.	and I have built them as a FT
ship
before as well.

Now I've heard people say that FB ships should only get 25CS per mass..
 and
back that claim with the fighter in DS being a class or 20 CS.. and
having
17.5 of Mass to act as supplies and Hanger for the fighter.
Me I look at the new FB ships, should still have 50 CS.. because in
addition
to the Mass 20 Fighter, you will have 1 Pilot (CS of 4) and min of 5
Flight
mechanics, Hanger jocks, etc..	 (CS of 20).. now some will say crew
members are
not factored in.. but if U look at the Carriers it says.. plus Fighter
Pilots
and I figure they support teams.. so they aren't figured into the Crew
of teh
ship, so they will need spaces to live somewhere onboard..
So now the Fighter with it crew is ...	  CS 44
     Now a 31 CS for "Hanger and Launch gear, Resupply Gear, and other
need
doesn't sound bad.

DOCAGREN

Just a Lurker here on the Digest, But maybe I have a good idea or 2..
:-)

 See what's new at http://www.aol.com

Prev: Re: [GZG] Shipboarding'uninvited' [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED] Next: Re: [GZG] FT Interface Craft & what CS for FB ship