Prev: Re: [GZG] FT Interface Craft Next: [GZG] NEW SHIPS and XMAS OFFERS now up on the store! :-)

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Latest FT ships!! :-)

From: Oerjan Ariander <orjan.ariander1@c...>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 23:38:37 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Latest FT ships!! :-)

Jon wrote:

> >Ground Zero Games wrote:
> >>  Yes, the pods are the same on all the ships (NSL, FSE, NAC and
yes,
> >>  there will be some ESU ones soon).....
> >What about the OUDF Fleet Auxiliary/Carrier/Dreadnaught that OO
sculpted
> >some time back, she asks plaintively
> >
> >Zoe
>

>We master-moulded some of these a while ago, but had some trouble
>with the Fleet Auxiliary (proving very difficult to cast
>successfully)

Which part of it - the hull or the bridge?

>  so I'm afraid the whole lot got shelved till I could
>find the time to look at them again.....  :-/
>
>We could put the carrier together with a bit of further mould making,
>which I really must do; the FA is problematic at present, and I don't
>think OA has actually finished the DN

<g> Well, if you believe the OUDF themselves they don't have any
dreadnoughts... <g> From the OUDF FA background blurb:

"Like the Auckland-class carriers the Jervis Bay-class fleet auxiliaries

were too big for the Oceanic Union's own military spaceyards to build,
so
instead they were built to BORON specs by the major civilian yards at
Proxima Centauris. Many intelligence analysts initially believed them to
be
small dreadnoughts [...]

The speculations about OUDF dreadnoughts were not entirely unfounded. At

the time the Jervis Bay was designed the OUDF BuShips did draw up specs
for
a heavy battleship with the same general hull configuration as a Jervis
Bays but with fewer module wells and more powerful engines and defences,

and rumour has it that the existing Jervis Bay class ships are prepared
be refitted into this configuration should the need for such heavy
combat
units arise – or, according to more cynical commentators, should the
OUDF's
budget ever allow it!"

In other words, the external differences between a Jervis Bay-class FA
and
a Brisbane-class DN - IF one exists at all, that is ;-) - are too small
be visible on the Full Thrust model scale :-)

Later,

Oerjan
orjan.ariander1@comhem.se

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [GZG] FT Interface Craft Next: [GZG] NEW SHIPS and XMAS OFFERS now up on the store! :-)