Prev: [GZG] XMAS OFFERS! More re: [OFFICIAL] Latest FT ships!! :-) Next: Re: [GZG] FT Interface Craft

Re: [GZG] FT Interface Craft

From: Samuel Penn <sam@g...>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 18:41:22 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] FT Interface Craft

On Thursday 25 October 2007 22:38:42 DOCAgren@aol.com wrote:
> Well, almost came up in a game recently so here the question.
>      If a Ship is Carrying an Interface Craft, like an assault ship.
> launches them while the on a standard FT game board.	  How fast can
they
> move?   Do they have any offense and defene system that effect other
> ships/missiles/fighters?

Some random thoughts:

How big are they? If they're Size 5 in DS/SG terms, then you're
looking at less than 1 MASS, so they should be treated as fighters,
though possibly slow fighters (maybe 12" move?). Affected by
gravity as fighters are. I would say it requires a certain amount
of movement (6" maybe) to 'land' on a planet.

If they're bigger than that, and are full FT ships, then design
them as such, and give them cargo space to carry troops/tanks.
If they have space for PDS, then they can defend themselves.
They're probably going to be heavily streamlined, so it may be
safe to say that they can't effectively defend themselves in
space.

btw, I tend to have planets on the table[1], using a scale of
1"=1000km, rather than having a planet as a table edge.

If they have to be dropped directly into the atmosphere by a
carrier, then assume the carrier has to be within 1" of the
planet, moving at some suitably slow velocity parallel to the
planet's surface.

[1] http://www.glendale.org.uk/ft/planets.html

--
Be seeing you,			       http://www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.			    Mail/IM (Jabber): sam@glendale.org.uk

Prev: [GZG] XMAS OFFERS! More re: [OFFICIAL] Latest FT ships!! :-) Next: Re: [GZG] FT Interface Craft