Prev: Re: [GZG] [OT] Re: Sheep Next: [GZG] EFSB Whitestar

Re: [GZG] Campaign rules-Nodes

From: davebill <davebill@c...>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 21:37:32 +1300
Subject: Re: [GZG] Campaign rules-Nodes

Nyrath the Nearlywise has created a node-map of the Tuffleyverse and
posted
it here

http://www.projectrho.com/ft/ftmap2.html

where it can be found with various other Full Thrust Maps.

Or if you're after other starmaps, try here

http://www.projectrho.com/smap12.html

> Personally, I think that starfaring campaigns that don't use nodal
> movement systems require a lot of extra paperwork and tends not to
> generate as many battles.

> Brendan

Errm, depends what you're fighting over. If it's resources and
population
bases then most starsystems are choke points and that's where you have
battles. Couple this with some sort of limitation on ship range, be it
'supply lines' as in John's campaign, or 'radius from command post' as
in my
campaign (which is lifted from the 'Stellar Conquest' boardgame) and
then
approach corridors become apparent and the possibility of defending or
denying areas is feasable.

Am enjoying this discussion, BTW, please keep throwing the ideas out!

David

Prev: Re: [GZG] [OT] Re: Sheep Next: [GZG] EFSB Whitestar