Prev: Re: [GZG] Campaign rules-Nodes Next: Re: [GZG] Campaign rules-Nodes [TOBECLASSIFIED] [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Re: [GZG] Campaign rules-Nodes [TOBECLASSIFIED] [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 14:12:34 +1000
Subject: Re: [GZG] Campaign rules-Nodes [TOBECLASSIFIED] [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Good setup.

It can be explained using several methods:
1.  Wormholes (wild nodes do not have associated star systems);
2.  "safe" ftl routes (going any other way results in loss due to
hazards);
3.  random psb

As long as your exit point isn't fixed (wormhole defence battles) and
uses standard FTL exit, it's a good compromise for all players for
strategic movement.

Personally, I think that starfaring campaigns that don't use nodal
movement systems require a lot of extra paperwork and tends not to
generate as many battles.

Brendan
'Neath Southern Skies
http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernsk/