Prev: Re: [GZG] FTquestionStreamlining [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED] Next: Re: [GZG] New Campaign

Re: [GZG] FTquestionStreamlining [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

From: "Samuel Penn" <sam@g...>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 08:16:26 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: [GZG] FTquestionStreamlining [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

On Thu, September 27, 2007 00:34, Robertson, Brendan wrote:
> I actually think the streamlining costs in FT2.5 are too high.  For
the
> mass involved, its just not viable to build warships.  If it was
5%/10%
> I would actually consider "losing" that mass.

So very few warships are built with streamlining. It forces
the role of landing transports to dedicated troopships, which
fits a lot of SF.

Alternatively, a ship with enough thrust wouldn't need any
streamlining to land on a planet (ignoring any possible
structural limitations).

--
Be seeing you,		  http://www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.			  xmpp:sam@glendale.org.uk

Prev: Re: [GZG] FTquestionStreamlining [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED] Next: Re: [GZG] New Campaign