Prev: [GZG] Fwd:[from Jon T] FT Screens & FMA (was:Re: FMA Quest) Next: Re: [GZG] Fwd:[from Jon T] FT Screens & FMA (was:Re: FMA Quest)

Re: [GZG] Fwd:[from Jon T] FT Screens & FMA (was:Re: FMA Quest)

From: "Samuel Penn" <sam@g...>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 12:40:12 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Fwd:[from Jon T] FT Screens & FMA (was:Re: FMA Quest)

Jon wrote:
> The bottom line is that FMAS will only ever be more a labour of love
> than a commercial product to me. I WANT to get it finished because I
> like the system, I think it works very well and deserves to be used
> (and those folks who have tried it - in its various incarnations-
> seem to agree).

To me, the obvious answer to this is to release what there is
under a Free license so the community can build upon it and
finish it.

If you really want, it could be released under the CC-NC
(non-commercial) so others can't sell it, with copyright on
changes assigned to you so you can release it as a commercial
product later (if you own the copyright, you aren't bound by
the license you give to others).

A standard Free license (GPL/GNU-FDL/CC) doesn't prevent you
(or anyone else) from selling it.

Of course, I'm biased in that I release all my game rules and
software under Free licenses.

--
Be seeing you,		  http://www.glendale.org.uk/stargrunt
Sam.			  xmpp:sam@glendale.org.uk