Prev: Re: [GZG] SGN-56 Next: Re: [GZG] SGN-56

Re: [GZG] SGN-56

From: Samuel Penn <sam@g...>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 22:19:14 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] SGN-56

On Saturday 23 June 2007 20:28, Ground Zero Games wrote:
> >Does anybody have any decent pictures of the SGN-56 models? It's
> >the NSL Jagers RAM Mortar team. There's one very poor quality
> >photo in the catalogue, but it's almost unrecognisable.
>
> Sorry it's not a good photo, but it should be clear enough to make
> out the assembly. The mortar tube (which has a sort of sighting
> assembly and a magazine clip on top of it) goes into the hole on the
> base (there is a small peg on the end of the tube), then the muzzle
> of the tube is supported by the shaft of the support with the "T"
> section resting on the ground on the front of the base.

So the bit that looks like a gun, is actually the mortar tube?
What about the bit that looks like a mortar tube (stick, with a
bulb on one end (which fits perfectly into the hole in the base)
and what looks like a grenade sticking out the top)?

> You should have the "T" shape support,  the mortar tube (with the
> techy bits on it), a round base with a small hole at one edge, and
> the base with the ammo box. Plus 3 crew figures of course.

I've also got an extra bit (the stick with bulb + grenade) which
fits my preconceived notion of what a mortar looks like. I did
have it fitted as the mortar tube (it fits quite well on the
T-bar and base), and was trying to figure out how the "gun" fitted.

Now that I've turned the "gun" upside down, it begins to make
more sense. Obviously these new-fangled high tech mortars are
too complex for me :-)

I guess I've got an extra bit in there which just happens to
look like a plain old fashioned mortar tube.

Thanks Jon.

--
Be seeing you,			       http://www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.			    Mail/IM (Jabber): sam@glendale.org.uk

Prev: Re: [GZG] SGN-56 Next: Re: [GZG] SGN-56