Prev: Re: [GZG] Big Photo collection of 6mm Battlecars Next: RE: [GZG]BigPhotocollectionof6mmBattlecars [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Re: [GZG] Big Photo collection of 6mm Battlecars

From: "Allan Goodall" <agoodall@h...>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 22:28:40 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Big Photo collection of 6mm Battlecars

On 5/15/07, john_tailby@xtra.co.nz <john_tailby@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

> I don't remember GW doing a range of battle cars or actually doing the
game battle cars. I
> thought that was Steve Jackson.

Nope, that was Car Wars.

Battlecars was a GW game. I used to own it. It was probably the
simplest game in the whole car combat genre. If I remember correctly
it was played in a sort of arena/city block as opposed to the open
highways of Car Wars. I think I sold it, but I sort of wish I had it
as my son would have enjoyed it. I do remember, rather vividly, one of
the cars having a weapon bay on one side  and I mounted a missile
there by simply placing a missile counter on top of the boxes. Car
building was literally that simple: fill in the boxes on the car's
status sheet by placing counters representing weapon mounts.

The game predates Dark Future. It even predates Rogue Trooper,
Dungeonquest, and the Dracula game GW published. It came out during a
period when GW was licensed to sell Call of Cthulhu and RuneQuest, and
White Dwarf actually had Traveller and D&D articles.

I don't remember there being metal or plastic cars for it though. I DO
know there were metal and plastic cars for Dark Future.

--
Allan Goodall		 http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@hyperbear.com