Prev: Re: [GZG] Tinkering with weapons Next: Re: [GZG]Howtohandleunitsarmedwith"heavy"weapons [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

RE: [GZG]Howtohandleunitsarmedwith"heavy"weapons [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

From: "Eli Arndt" <emu2020@c...>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 21:56:13 -0700
Subject: RE: [GZG]Howtohandleunitsarmedwith"heavy"weapons [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

militaries like Hammer's Slammers or some of the units
from the Traveller universe?  Sorry, not too experienced at designing
unconventional forces and need all the help I can get.

-Eli

The infantry force would be eaten for lunch by other infantry.	There

is a reason that most infantry forces have a mix of different weapons.

Using SGII rules, without houseruling things extensively, your best

bet would be to organize in small teams, 2-3 men each, each built

around a single heavy weapon with one or two ammo bearers/riflemen.

And then the first time that force runs into some light infantry, they

will start reconsidering having regular rifle squads in the force mix.

John

--Vita Aureliani

Prev: Re: [GZG] Tinkering with weapons Next: Re: [GZG]Howtohandleunitsarmedwith"heavy"weapons [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]