Prev: Re: Nailing Dirtside/Stargrunt Chamber Pots (was Re: [GZG] More re: [OFFICIAL] Salute releases....!) Next: Re: Nailing Dirtside/Stargrunt Chamber Pots (was Re:[GZG] Morere: [OFFICIAL] Salute releases....!)

Re: Nailing Dirtside/Stargrunt Chamber Pots (was Re:[GZG] More re: [OFFICIAL] Salute releases....!)

From: Oerjan Ariander <oerjan.ariander@r...>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 22:34:45 +0200
Subject: Re: Nailing Dirtside/Stargrunt Chamber Pots (was Re:[GZG] More re: [OFFICIAL] Salute releases....!)

John Tailby wrote:

>>However, there's very little point in having a basic "turret" or
"hull"
>>piece if the "add-on" pieces are going to cover most of it anyway so
the
>>"larger parts" in question are effectively the turret and the 1-3 hull

>>sections. From the manufacturing-logistics point of view, that makes
>>variants of the same basic vehicle effectively the same as entirely
>>separate models.
>
>My suggestion was based on the approach taken by Battlefront in their
>manufacture of flames of war models.
>
>They produce a very nice range of WW2 vehicles in 15mm.
>Their range includes "vehicle stowage" packs.
>Tanks kits come with different turret variations and separate spaced
armor
>/ skirts.

My point is that today's applique armours only rarely are simple skirts
or
spaced-armour plates like those fitted to on WW2 tanks; tnstead they
tend
to cover most or all of the vehicle with a tight-fitting outer skin. The

following images of Israeli M113 variants are rather extreme examples of

this, but they were the first I found that aren't password-protected:

Basic M113 (in Israeli service):
<http://www.israeli-weapons.com/weapons/vehicles/armored_personnel_carri
ers/m-113/M-113_.html>
Israeli Zelda 2:
<http://www.israeli-weapons.com/weapons/vehicles/armored_personnel_carri
ers/m-113/Zelda2.html>
Israeli L-VAS:
<http://www.israeli-weapons.com/weapons/vehicles/armored_personnel_carri
ers/m-113/L-Vas.htm>

Not much point in a miniatures manufacturer to provide add-on Zelda or
L-VAS kits...

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ariander@rixmail.se