Prev: Re: [GZG] Turnwheel Templates for Button Makers Next: Re: [GZG] Turnwheel Templates for Button Makers

Re: [GZG] Turnwheel Templates for Button Makers

From: John Lerchey <lerchey@a...>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 10:46:13 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Turnwheel Templates for Button Makers

Heh.  Ok fair enough.  I have used my circle cutter to do cardboard
circles using cardboard like the backs on paper tablets, but haven't
done
anything thicker.

You could always get litko to laser cut them for you, but you would then

likely spend an absurd amount per disk. :)

John K. Lerchey
Assistant Director for Incident Response
Information Security Office
Carnegie Mellon University

On Mon, 2 Apr 2007, Jerry Han wrote:

> Oh, I've got several, but, as Roger pointed out, I quickly run into
the
> problem of 'too thick'.  (8-)
>
> I was just wondering if anybody had heard of hole punches being
available
> that don't require an industrial press to use, for example.  Or, heck,
just
> being able to buy pre-cut foamcore circles, as opposed to having to
buy the
> full sheet and going to town on it.
>
> That's one reason why I ended up going with buttons -- I built a set
of
> 50 bases in under three hours, including printing, figuring out how to
make
> a button, and cutting them out of the paper.	I probably could have
gone
> even faster if I wasn't watching a football game at the time.  (8-)
>
> JGH
>
> John Lerchey wrote:
>> Hi Jerry,
>>
>> John
>>

>>> Hey everybody,
>>>
>>> Something else people were asking about at GZG-ECC and I just
remembered
>>> to put it up as well:
>>>
>>> http://www.warpfish.com/jhan/ft/turnwheel.pdf
>>>
>>> These turning wheels are meant for bases or for little turning
guides for
>>>  FT.  They're designed for "Badge-A-Minit" button makers, but, with
>>> little scaling, could probably be used for other button makers as
well --
>>> or just cut'em out and glue them to your favourite circles of
cardboard.
>>> (Which is a heck of a lot cheaper then buttons, if a tad more time
>>> consuming.	(8-) )
>>>
>>> Though, if anybody out there has figured out a way to cut out
consistent
>>> circles out of cardboard or foamcore, and to do it quickly, I'd be
much
>>> obliged if they'd share the idea.  (8-)  (i.e. something faster then

>>> tracing a template with a knife...)
>>>
>>> Thanks, JGH
>>>

>>> -- Jerry Han - jhan@warpfish.com - http://www.warpfish.com/jhan -
>>> TBFTGOGGI "Wake me, let me see the daylight, save me from this
half-life;
>>> Let's you and I escape, escape from time..." -- Duncan Sheik,
"Half-life"

>> John K. Lerchey
>> Assistant Director for Incident Response
>> Information Security Office
>> Carnegie Mellon University

> --
> Jerry Han - jhan@warpfish.com - http://www.warpfish.com/jhan -
TBFTGOGGI
> "Wake me, let me see the daylight, save me from this half-life;
>			     Let's you and I escape, escape from
time..."
>					     -- Duncan Sheik,
"Half-life"

Prev: Re: [GZG] Turnwheel Templates for Button Makers Next: Re: [GZG] Turnwheel Templates for Button Makers