Prev: Re: [GZG] GZG Aliens List Next: Re: [GZG] SUS - Sa'vasku

[GZG] SUS - Sa'vasku

From: "Jaime Tiampo" <fugugaipan@s...>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 10:33:10 -0800 (PST)
Subject: [GZG] SUS - Sa'vasku

Well the short flurry over publications and playtesting and lack of
feedback, made my mind wander back to the days of WOW and SUS.

One of the reasons, I think, that human players are more prevalent then
us
alien ones, is that the humans have a far larger selection of options.
So
with that in mind I've been thinking up some new swag for the SV in FT.
also hope to come up with something for BDS, unless there's some design
concepts already in the works.

There are some old concepts that I came up with a few years back that I
still think are a good idea in concept. So I figured I'd start with them
and then move on to some newer ideas.

--
Deployable Armour.
See: http://nift.firedrake.org/alien/WDA-SaVasku.htm#DepArmor

Rereading this design I still think that it has potential but in a new
form. Regenerative Armour. With SV you really want to front load your
damage absorption. The rate at which SV units loose fighting potential
far
out strips any other fleet.

The concept is that if the carapace armour is just dead biomass hardened
on the surface, then you should be able to "recoat" sections like a scab
using remaining biomass in the ship.

So to start the discussion:
Endocrine System: MASS 50% Carapace allocated
Biomass: 1 per carapace box
Power: 1 per carapace box from Repair Pool

--
It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't
remember

Prev: Re: [GZG] GZG Aliens List Next: Re: [GZG] SUS - Sa'vasku