Prev: Re: Recording AARs was [GZG] [Aliens] was Re: FMA at EEC etc Next: Re: Recording AARs was [GZG] [Aliens] was Re: FMA at EEC etc

Re: Recording AARs was [GZG] [Aliens] was Re: FMA at EEC etc

From: Mike Stanczyk <stanczyk@p...>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 14:09:10 -0700 (MST)
Subject: Re: Recording AARs was [GZG] [Aliens] was Re: FMA at EEC etc

On Tue, 6 Mar 2007, Allan Goodall wrote:
> Let's flip this around.
>
> We have a five year old, but hardly used, 8mm video camera. What would
> we need, at as cheap a rate as possible, to copy 8mm video a computer?
> I've seen so many different options online that after a while I just
> get confused.

Depends on the quality of computer video you want from the conversion.

If you want a very low quality, you can get a USB converter that plugs
into
the camera and the computer.  $25-$80.

If you want a high quality, like near dvd quality, it will run much
more.
$100 and up.

If you're really, really lucky, your camera will have a digital output,
like firewire.	You would just need a firewire port and you could copy
the video directly to your computer and work it.

Mike