Prev: Re: [GZG] Ninja Magic Magnetic Mounts and Connectors Next: [GZG] GZG-ECC X AAR Website Up and Running

Re: [GZG] Ninja Magic Magnetic Mounts and Connectors

From: "John Lerchey" <lerchey@a...>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 11:50:19 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Ninja Magic Magnetic Mounts and Connectors

The Ninja Magic bases do prevent spin, but as stated, they're waaaaay
too expensive.	They retail at around $1.25 each.  My primary fleet has
about 90 ships in it.  I'm not shelling out over $100 for clasps.  I
have two more fleets and a third being planned.  I'd rather spend the
majority of the money I have to allocate on ships.  Shame that they're
so pricey.  They're really nice.

I've been using magnetic clasps from the craft store.  I have minor
problems with spin, but it's easy enough to re-align the ship with the
base after movement.

My biggest complaint with the ones I've been using is that I have to
make individual bases for individual ships - some sets of clasps have
opposite polarity!  I don't like my DDs spontaneously jumping off of
their bases in the middle of battle! ;)

John

> Mostly if you're pointing them in the same direction. ;->=
>
> Now, the 90 add-ons would REALLY do the trick.
>
> Does it appear that the 'gear teeth' around the edge keep them from
> spinning in socket?
>
> Star Ranger's jewelry set up does that, but is a bit fiddly with
having
> to screw them in. Still, a much cheaper route, a consideration if you
have
>  large fleets.
>
> And Jon REALLY wants you to have much bigger fleets...
>
> The_Beast
>
> Roger wrote on 02/23/2007 09:26:52 PM:
>
>> If you used the 45 degree ones exclusively you could stack ships more
> closely.

John K. Lerchey
Assistant Director for Incident Response
Information Security Office
Carnegie Mellon University

Prev: Re: [GZG] Ninja Magic Magnetic Mounts and Connectors Next: [GZG] GZG-ECC X AAR Website Up and Running