Prev: Re: RE: [GZG] Test message -- did this get through? Next: [GZG] (no subject)

Re: [GZG] ECC-X AAR

From: Jon Davis <davisje@n...>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 19:52:10 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] ECC-X AAR

Another great year for the ECC convention...

The roads were a significant delay this year.  It took us 3.5 hours to
get
from Allentown to Lancaster and we did take the back roads.   Many other
attendees suffered similar delays from the north and east and south.

Due to the leasing of our regular gaming venue being leased to a dance
club,
the hotel offered the Red Rose Ballroom for the same rate. We had ample
space
for all of our gaming events, vendors, and space available for Martin
Connell
and Steve Barosi's 3D Mars Needs Women event on Saturday evening.

Many thanks to Scott Bishop and Greg Davis for helping get tables for
the
room.  The hotel had a mere token of a setup completed for us,
forgetting
that we had specified tables of 6' x 12' size.	The hotel was on
skeleton
staff since they were "closed" for renovations and open primarily for
the
convention.

Thank you to the hard working Game Masters who prepared scenarios,
figures,
and terrain for the gamers this year. We appreciate your energy and
creativity.

We had a number of special treats for this year's convention.  Joel
Frock
and Jon Tuffley managed to sculpt and cast, respectively, the Delafield
class battlecruiser miniature, named in honor of the late Adam
Delafield.
This miniature was given to each attendee.  Decals Express also prepared
individual sets of decal sheets for the figures that we handed out.

One new feature for this year's convention was the hospitality suite
that
the hotel provided for us at no charge.  It became the haven for the
late night
and wee hours games and socializing, including a TV and VCR.  We'll have
a suite next year due to its popularity.

We are planning the next ECC for the weekend of February 29th - March
2nd, 2008.
It will be held in the Hearthside room just off the lobby at the
Brunswick.

I'm looking forward to it!

Jon

Prev: Re: RE: [GZG] Test message -- did this get through? Next: [GZG] (no subject)