Next: Re: [GZG] ping

Re: Re: Re: [GZG] ping

From: "Allan Goodall" <agoodall@h...>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 14:45:57 -0600
Subject: Re: Re: Re: [GZG] ping

On 2/1/07, laserlight@verizon.net <laserlight@verizon.net> wrote:
> >> Good. We're happy to expend a drone just to find out the existence
of the mines; getting to kill an expensive missile in the process is
gravy.

> >The remote sensor drone is essentially the equivalent of a 19th
> >century cavalry scout.
>
> A little more, in this scenario. We've found out:

Presumably you sent the hunter drone because you wanted to eliminate,
or chase off, the other guy's drone for some reason. Yes it might be
because there is something to hide. Or, it could be just to keep the
drone at a safe distance, or keep him on his toes. You might want a
bunch of hunter drones in an area as a feint.

You're really only going to encounter defences where there are things
to defend. The trick is to have a deep enough defence that the other
side won't learn too much simply by encountering you.

--
Allan Goodall		 http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@hyperbear.com

Next: Re: [GZG] ping