Prev: RE: [GZG] [GZG Fiction] The Fall of Orduna Recounted Next: Re: [GZG] ECM Weapons on Fighters

Re: [GZG] ECM Weapons on Fighters

From: Jerry Cantrill <jwcantrill@e...>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 18:48:01 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Subject: Re: [GZG] ECM Weapons on Fighters

I would say that is possible, but have two thoughts on it that would
make them to require an extra cost.

The max damage that a group of EMP fighters could do is 3 points. A
group of 6 could be reduced to 4 fighters and still average this 3
points of EMP causing the drives, firecons and screens to take a level 3
threshold. Without having the numbers readily before me this feels like
far more effectiveness than a group of beam fighters, even if it takes
no losses before its attack.

Also the EMP fighters wold be real close to the attacked ship and the
EMP burst against it. The fighters would have had to been hardened and
this would cost at least a couple of NPV (or CPV) per fighter.

I like the idea, but think that they should cost at least +3 per
fighter.

-jerry