Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: Gzg-l Digest, Vol 21, Issue 22 Next: Re: [GZG] Among the Heroes

[GZG] Among the Heroes

From: Fred Kiesche <godel2escher2bach@y...>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 09:57:05 -0800 (PST)
Subject: [GZG] Among the Heroes

Greetings:

I like the film, a lot, but like the book better. The double DVD version
of the film has a ton of
extras that are worth getting just for the extras. For example, a very
good "Frontline"
documentary.

As for the downed chopper pilot, that would be Mike Durant. He wrote a
personal account, "In the
Company of Heroes" that is a good read, but not quite as good as the
book "Blackhawk Down".

Original Mark Bowden series can still be read online, BTW:

<http://inquirer.philly.com/packages/somalia/>

I think I recall some miniatures versions of BHD at Historicon or
another con. Something that I
always wanted to do, or adapt to a SG-style or Hammer's Slammers style
setting.

On Hammer's Slammers: Anybody see a US source for the rules and minis?
I've only found one so far
(On Military Matters) and they only seem to have the first book or a
"starter pack" with the first
book and some minis (15mm), none of the 25mm minis or the second book.

	  Fred Kiesche (FPK3)
  I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of
fools. Let's start with typewriters. (Frank Lloyd Wright)
Over 8,000 postings served! See The Eternal Golden Braid
(http://theeternalgoldenbraid.blogspot.com/ ).

Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: Gzg-l Digest, Vol 21, Issue 22 Next: Re: [GZG] Among the Heroes