Prev: [GZG] [ZeroWear] Update 2 Next: RE: [GZG] [Announcement] ZeroWear

[GZG] spray guns, or Introducing the Pocket Camel

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@s...>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 23:52:38 -0800
Subject: [GZG] spray guns, or Introducing the Pocket Camel

This came up on a law enforcement blog (LawDog tells great cop stories).

Someone came up with a two-shot pistol that shoots a 275mph blast of
pepper spray 21 feet. Only a headshot would be really incapacitating,
but it would make a fantastic crowd control weapon. There's some videos.

http://thelawdogfiles.blogspot.com/2006/12/your-very-own-pocket-camel.ht
ml

I figure at least the people writing counterinsurgency fiction might
find this interesting. I can just see sharpshooters with riot guns made
like this firing through the gaps in a shield wall. The agitators in
front won't stand a chance without goggles.

This isn't much of a self-defense weapon. You can't *require* a
headshot. Dousing someone with pepperspray isn't much of an advantage
when they get close and jump you - you're breathing it too.

Follow the link, the subject line will make sense.

--

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade
and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are

http://vesuvius.jsc.nasa.gov/er/seh/ricetalk.htm

Prev: [GZG] [ZeroWear] Update 2 Next: RE: [GZG] [Announcement] ZeroWear