Prev: Re: [GZG] [FT]Multi-abilityfightercostings Next: Re: [GZG] [FT]Multi-abilityfightercostings

Re: [GZG] [FT]Multi-abilityfightercostings

From: Charles Lee <xarcht@y...>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 08:29:54 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [GZG] [FT]Multi-abilityfightercostings

Please look at the cost of the F18 Hornet. It doesn't
carry long range AA Missles of the F14 nor the bomb
load of the A6 or even the survivability of the lesser
ohf the two. It can't jam radar without add on bomb
pac loads. The pilots don't win the world contests
either as they are expected to do all jobs with a
minimal training and little practice. What they do
well is ..... well fly and die in face of specialized
forces.