Prev: Re: [GZG] [FT] FTCamp Map Next: Re: [GZG] [FT] FTCamp Map

Re: [GZG] [FT] FTCamp Map

From: mintroll-ft-list <mintroll-gzg-ft@2...>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 14:46:01 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] [FT] FTCamp Map

Evyn wrote:

>> I thought I'd mention, the map for the campaign we're having is now
online,

>What rule system are you using to generate the map and worlds?

It's part from our campaign system, of our own design (though borrowing
heavily from the likes of Diplomacy, VBAM, etc.). Follow my website
link, it's FTCamp0.2, though not all the rules are written up online yet
(I'm getting there).

The Map was designed by me, with the systems placed on a whim with
randomly generated resources - I forget the exact distributions I used,
it was random increments with minor random wobbles. I selected the eight
starting worlds, then we had a random draw for start locations. As would
typically happen I'm stuck in the middle of the map, enemies all around.

My main reason for posting was to show off how easy it is to make nice
(hex) maps by using scripts to generate SVGs. I feel there is a lot of
scope for generating PBEM graphics easier.

Simon
--
Experience is the fool's best teacher; the wise do not need it.

http://fullthrust.2-72.co.uk

Prev: Re: [GZG] [FT] FTCamp Map Next: Re: [GZG] [FT] FTCamp Map