Prev: Re: [GZG] Walkers Next: Re: [GZG] Anime Walkers (Quick survey - 15mm SF preferences?)

Re: [GZG] Quick survey - 15mm SF preferences? (mechs)

From: "Christopher TenWolde" <christopher@t...>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 10:41:50 +0200
Subject: Re: [GZG] Quick survey - 15mm SF preferences? (mechs)

Jeremy,

THAT is exactly what I've been occasionaly ranting about on TMP!  A line
of
15mm tall mechs that could be used for either mass mecha combat (with
2mm or
6mm figures) or as robots/droids for 15mm games.

I would make the mechs even "harder" looking, but a little less boxey -
use
the same armor slope modelling as WWII and modern AFV's.  Model a range
of
weapons from small caliber to large caliber cannons to missile packs.
And
don't be afraid of anthropomorphic mechs!  There's only so much
variation
you can get from a chicken-walker, and it's a genre trope anyway.

Cheers,

Christopher

Message: 3
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 21:10:12 -0000
From: "Germy" <germ@germy.co.uk>
To: <gzg-l@lists.csua.berkeley.edu>

> On Fri, November 10, 2006 11:20 am, Eli Arndt said:
>> I'd love to see it all.  I'd love to see some "realistic" bipedal
>> walkers.
>> To call them "mecha" is to invite the stigma of the anime look.
Though
>> anime has produced some nice machines, I'd love to see something that
>> looks like it actually rolled out of an earthly factory.

Funny I was thinking the same thing albiet for 6mm or 2mm
Just took these pics from the workbench, more earthly style or still to
Anime?
http://www.germy.co.uk/pictures/newwalk1.jpg
http://www.germy.co.uk/pictures/newwalk2.jpg
http://www.germy.co.uk/pictures/newwalk3.jpg
http://www.germy.co.uk/pictures/newwalk4.jpg

Jeremey
www.germy.co.uk

Prev: Re: [GZG] Walkers Next: Re: [GZG] Anime Walkers (Quick survey - 15mm SF preferences?)