Prev: Re: [GZG] Quick survey - 15mm SF preferences? Next: RE: [GZG] Quick survey - 15mm SF preferences?

[GZG] Re: Quick survey - 15mm SF preferences?

From: "Christopher TenWolde" <christopher@t...>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 17:09:58 +0200
Subject: [GZG] Re: Quick survey - 15mm SF preferences?

I'm probably a minority on this list, in that I use the GZG figures for
Very
High Tech (aka "Star Wars") type games.  However, these type of games
*are*
very popular in general with the 15mm crowd (see the 15mm Sci-Fi
discussion
group and the various Star Wars gaming groups).  So, having said that:

> 1) Tracked vehicles = 3
> 2) Wheeled vehicles = 2
> 3) Hover vehicles (air cushion) = 2
> 4) "Early" Grav (like the ones we've done so far) = 4
> 5) "Advanced" Grav (high tech) = 5
> 6) Walkers (multi-legged) = 1 ("crab/spider" types like the current
ones,
OR 5 (AT-AT types)
> 7) Walkers (bipedal, ie: "Mechs") = ? (see below)

Hmm ... mechs?	There are plenty of good mech lines already out there
that
can pass for 15mm battlemechs or even exo-suits in the classic sense.
However, if a line of mechs standing 15-20mm tall were to come out (i.e.
an
expansion of the current 6mm walker concept) then it would open the door
mass mech combat.  This is something no one else does ... which means it
could be a really good idea or really bad one, but I like it!  ;)

I would also like to add

> 8) Air support = 4

VTOL APC's, gunships, skimmer fire support, whatever - the current
selection
(Brigade) is pretty small, if nice.

Cheers,

Christopher

Prev: Re: [GZG] Quick survey - 15mm SF preferences? Next: RE: [GZG] Quick survey - 15mm SF preferences?