Prev: Re: [GZG] OODA Next: Re: [GZG] OODA

Re: [GZG] OODA

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@v...>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 08:45:38 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] OODA

John said:
> In other words, they get to write a plan and stick to it.  And when
> the intelligence is more or less correct (and it will often be, in
> general terms) and the enemy with their vaunted high-speed OODA cycle
> reacts in a way which can be predicted by the plan (this is another
> difference between Real World and Wargaming--I can study Russian or
> German doctrine and predict more or less what a Russian or German
> officer will do.  Every wargamer is more or less unique--and few of
> them publish professional journals or doctrinal manuals) then they get
> mousetrapped and hammered flat.

For a ground combat game of the right scale, I suppose you'd do a sktech
map
with phase lines and unit boundaries. Your units would have doctrines:
"If
ambushed at close range, assault through. If taking direct fire, take
cover,
return fire and report." Of course, sometimes the response would be
"stop
and wait for orders" even if doctrine says something different. And your
CO
would have a limited quantity of order to issue.

Generally your opponent would know your doctrine--unless you're doing a
"first time meeting the Kra'Vak" scenario, or your opponent has militia,
or
such.

Prev: Re: [GZG] OODA Next: Re: [GZG] OODA