Prev: Re: [GZG] New game mechanics (was: Re: Name for Rules) Next: Re: [GZG] [FT] SSD bits (Simon White)

RE: [GZG] New game mechanics [sec=UNCLASSIFIED]

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 12:05:11 +0100
Subject: RE: [GZG] New game mechanics [sec=UNCLASSIFIED]

>I was thinking about this sort of this yesterday based on current
rules.

>For standard infantry, a 4-man base looks best:
>4 x FP1 = d4
>4 x FP2 = d8
>4 x FP3 = d12
>
>For the support weapons, it may need a little thought about how a 2 or
3 man
>base would contribute.  Just the support weapon?  Or support weapon +
>rifles?  Option for just rifles?
>
>With an average 8-man squad of 6 FP2 rifles, SAW and PIG we would get:
>4 rifles = d8
>SAW+rifle = d8
>PIG = d6
>For a total of Q+2d8+d6, which gets towards the "bucket 'o' dice" for
>company level activations, but the fine detail will make or break this
part
>of combat.

Before everyone gets too far along this road, can I just jump in and
say that the infantry small-arms fire mechanism for the 15mm game
(SG3/whatever)	will very likely be considerably different from the
SG2 system! By all means keep talking about this, all the input and
ideas are useful, but don't expect this to be the way it finally
works.

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: [GZG] New game mechanics (was: Re: Name for Rules) Next: Re: [GZG] [FT] SSD bits (Simon White)