Prev: Re: Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted) Next: [GZG] [SG] Balancing Act

Re: Re: Name for rules (was: Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted)

From: "Allan Goodall" <agoodall@h...>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 14:19:13 -0600
Subject: Re: Re: Name for rules (was: Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted)

On 11/3/06, laserlight@verizon.net <laserlight@verizon.net> wrote:

> SG, not S, so SG:AC should be fine. We just have to hope that people
spell out "Assault
> Co" instead of shortening it by four letters.

You can't pronounce the SG:AC acroynym easily. "Ess Gee Ay See"...
"Ess Gee, Ack". You can't with SG2 either, but Stargrunt is only two
syllables, so it's easy enough just to say the word (it's all about
syllable count).

I don't mind "S:AC" or "SAC" as it can be pronounced "Sack" (just like
Strategic Air Command). And it's "sack", not as in "a sack of..." but
in "I will sack your city!"

I can handle G-Cav or G-Cav 2 (Gee Cav), but I'm not too crazy about
"Grav Cav", for reasons Indy mentioned.

--
Allan Goodall		 http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: Re: Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted) Next: [GZG] [SG] Balancing Act