Prev: [GZG] Re: Blue Sky Thinking Next: Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted)

Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted)

From: Ken Bywaters <argentnova@y...>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 18:02:35 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted)

  1)  Yes, both a and b.  Have played extensively at reinforced company
level, mostly in 28mm but have used 15mm  as well since you brought out
the figure packs.  (We also routinely played DS2 at up to brigade level
- but then we did have a 12x6 foot table).

  2)  Yep, a - would be interested in 15mm.  Would still be happy to
play 6mm for a Dirtside game, and the current SG2 level as well - and
I'm amongst the interested parties for FMAS too.

  3)  Both a and b.  Have several 15mm forces already.	A new rules set
and maybe a few more figure pack options might tempt me to expand my
current force levels.

  Additional comments - as someone has already mentioned, SG2 is
structured towards an infantry game and doesn't handle vehicles as well
as it might.  I've happily tweaked the rules a bit to fit specific
background where necessary (e.g. Hammer's Slammers), but the current SG2
rules aren't really ideal for combined arms or mechanised ops.	I'd like
to see a set of rules that was pitched at this level and which allowed
me to use a reasonable armoured force on table with a fairly
fast-flowing rules set (but not as simplistic as the Hammer's Slammers
rules set).  Using the table space to field a decent number of vehicles
as well as infantry seems like a good reason to switch to 15mm as far as
I'm concerned.

  Cheers,
Ken