Prev: Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted) Next: Re: Mini survey (was Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted))

[GZG] RE: Blue Sky Thinking [sec=UNCLASSIFIED]

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 15:01:35 +1100
Subject: [GZG] RE: Blue Sky Thinking [sec=UNCLASSIFIED]

For sci-fi gaming, I do much prefer 15mm.  Mostly to do with the ground
scale and 15mm is better for those of us that are optically challenged
paint figures.
I also have over 20 packs of traveller 15mm (still in blisters) when I
cleaned out a warehouse in 1995 + another 50 or so figures that need
stripping second hand.

Its also a lot easier to use 15mm on deckplans (and SJG offer many of
their
deckplans in 15mm last I looked) or even on 25mm deckplans as you can
really
pack the figures into close quarters.

Brendan
'Neath Southern Skies
http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernsk/

On Behalf Of
> Allan Goodall
> Sent: Friday, November 03, 2006 2:46 PM
> Subject: Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted)
>
> > d. Other :). I haven't made my mind up about 15mm. I came back to
> > wargaming after a long lay-off beginning in the late '70s.
> Back then I
> > played "25mm" for historicals plus 1:300th modern
> mechanised, and 15mm
> > didn't really exist.
>
> 15mm started to make itself known for Napoleonics and
> American Civil War in the mid 1970s. Traveller 15mm figures
> were available in the mid 1980s, by which time 15mm had
> become the de facto standard scale for historicals.

IMPORTANT
1. Before opening any attachments, please check for viruses.
2. This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential
information
   for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient,
   please contact the sender and delete all copies of this email.
3. Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and are
not
   a statement of Australian Government Policy unless otherwise stated.
4. Electronic addresses published in this email are not conspicuous
publications
   and DVA does not consent to the receipt of commercial electronic
messages.
emails

   of this type from DVA.
6. Finally, please do not remove this notice.