Prev: Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted) Next: Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted)

[GZG] mini-survey

From: "Glenn M. Goffin" <gmgoffin@y...>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 10:47:18 -0800 (PST)
Subject: [GZG] mini-survey

On 11/2/06, Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com> wrote:

>Thanks for all the responses so far; maybe I should have done this
>in the first place, but  if it's not too late let's turn this into
>a mini-survey: I'd like as many listers as possible (yes, that
>means you lurkers too!) to respond to this - go on, it'll only take
>you a couple of moments!

>1) Do you (or have you in recent years) play SG2?

a) Yes, with 25/28mm minis

Yes, it's one of our (Tactics-0 wargaming group's) favorite games.
We've been playing SG2 several times a year for the last few years.

>2) Would the development of a game like we've been discussing
>(let's call it SG3) fit what you would want from a hard SF ground
>combat game?

b) Yes, but I'd still play it in 25/28mm

Would we play it in micro scale?  Maybe.  We already play Striker in
micro scale, and will probably give Dirtside II a thorough shakedown
next year.

>3) Would the development of SG3 in this direction tempt you into
>buying/collecting 15mm forces?

c) No, I've got enough lead/scale/projects already!

I personally don't like the 15mm scale.  It's too small to enjoy the
detail or the process of painting, but too big for the eye to gloss
over quick paint jobs.	Also, 15mm figures seem always too thick for
their height.  25mm figures are more natural; so are HO scale plastic
figures (of which I also have far too many).

The flip side of that comment is that I'm committed to 25mm and micro
scales, and don't have place or interest in starting a new scale.

--Glenn

Prev: Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted) Next: Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted)