Prev: Re: Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted) Next: Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted)

Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted)

From: Samuel Penn <sam@g...>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 18:09:23 +0000
Subject: Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted)

On Thursday 02 November 2006 16:39, Ground Zero Games wrote:
> >On 11/2/06, James Moore <jmooreou@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On thinking about it, perhaps the best method _is_ to release FMAS
> >before some sort of squad level SG2 game. There's a large core of
25mm
> >SG2 players out there that will feel "left behind" if SG3 is released
> >as a "figures on bases" game. FMAS is also more than half complete. A
> >fair bit has been done on it already, it just needed some additional
> >stuff from Jon and more testing.

Personally, as a mostly-roleplayer rather than dedicated wargamer,
I'm more interested in 25mm since it's the scale that works best
for RPG miniatures. I can justify time spent painting them for using
them when running an RPG, even though I may only wargame with them
once a year.

I have some 6mm, but buying anything in 15mm just isn't going to
happen (I don't have the time to paint yet another scale of figures).
I'd prefer any rules which used based groups of figures to be
compatible with 6mm as well as 15mm. Regardless though, I'd probably
buy any rules you bring out, since they don't need painting.

> By the way, there are probably at least a couple of quite early
> versions of FMAS floating around in the public domain, which people
> are very free to use if they wish

Do you really mean public domain? Would I be free to take those rules,
build a game around it, and publish it under, say, a GPL license?
If not, then it's not public domain.

--
Be seeing you,			       http://www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.			    Mail/IM (Jabber): sam@glendale.org.uk

Prev: Re: Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted) Next: Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted)