Prev: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Playtest Next: Re: [GZG] Re: Full Thrust Playtest? organic tech

Re: [GZG] Full Thrust 3rd Ed (Simon White)

From: "john tailby" <John_Tailby@x...>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 19:21:23 +1300
Subject: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust 3rd Ed (Simon White)

----- Original Message -----
From: "mintroll-ft-list" <mintroll-gzg-ft@2-72.co.uk>

> PS I need to make a new hex based campaign map - what do people use
> program wise to do this? Free would be nice. Last time I used
AutoREALM,
> but it's very buggy.
> --
We use a blank hex map and then have people explore as they go down
hyperspace corridors.
The exploration table is
1     Straight hyperspace corridor
2-3 Branching (splits into 2 random directions)
4-6 Planet
Ships have a strategic move equal to half their thrust rounded up except
for
SV ships that have a strategic move equal to 1/6 their thrust.
We also have hyperspace corridor battles. These are fought on a fixed
table
with a 48mu circle. You enter on the first turn in the ship movement
phase
as if entering from hyperspace onto a table. (there isn't the distortion

effect radius though). Placement around the table for fleet units or
squadrons is random so you can enter right next to each other. This
means
you have a whole different doctrine to the standard one. It is one of
the
reasons we don't really do eggshell ordinance carriers. They could get
jumped in hyperspace and crippled before they fire a shot.

This makes the first turns of the campaign quite exciting as people
explore
their surrounding territory and connect into their neighbours. its also
much
easier for the Gm because they don't have to spend aged drawing the map.

We just draw up our map in felt pen on the blank hexes.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Playtest Next: Re: [GZG] Re: Full Thrust Playtest? organic tech