Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: Full Thrust Playtest? organic tech Next: Re: [GZG] Re: Full Thrust Playtest? (Simon White)

Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Playtest

From: "john tailby" <John_Tailby@x...>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 17:25:48 +1300
Subject: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Playtest

----- Original Message -----
From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@verizon.net>

>> If such suggestions were posted, my group would use some of them. We
>> always struggle to come up with scenarios, and this would give us
>> something to start from. And it would make it easier to help out the
>> playtest group.
>
> Okay. Use the 1.3 page version of the Unified Fighter Proposal that I
> posted a couple of days ago and don't refer to Oerjan's more complete
> version (so we can see whether the short one is complete enough).
> Specifically include the "anti-ship weapons shoot at fighters"
provision
> regardless of whether people initially like the idea or not. Set up
qual
> points battles of any of the following, using the CPV method of
> caluculating points:
> KV or Phalon vs one of the new Human fleets (ORC, New Israeli, UN,
OUDF,
> IJN, Islamic Fed)
> Soap Bubble Carriers vs any of the above fleets (an SBC is a design
with
> lotsa fighters and minimal hull, drives, and FTL)
> A swarm of tiiny ships (such as the Islamic Fed 'ash Shaulah'
strikers) vs
> any of the above
> Any other "extreme" design which you wish to come up with. A missile
> barge, a supership, whatever.
>
> I'm deliberately not specifying set up information except in one case:
I'd
> like someone to try a missile fleet (Islamic Fed missile variants or
> custom.missile barges) vs a slow moving NSL fleet.
Excellent response Laser light.
This coupled with updates from the test group about their activities
would
put a good feel of community into the testing and development process.

In regard to you last type of game. We did custom missile barges against

custom slow moving fleets ~18 months ago. The custom missile barges won
almost always.
The way to beat the firepower required interceptor fighters, massed PDS
and
ADFC as well as sacrificial decoys and escorts.

For a custom missile barge try
Mass 100
FTL
Thrust 3
Hull 10
1 firecontrol
32 heavy missiles.

People have humorous arguments with this kind of ship, about whether it
should get a mass reduction and therefore an increase in drive speed
when it
launches its missiles.
This is a very extreme ship and isn't likely to get used in our group
because of our campaign system and deployment options but in a one off
game
it is pretty effective or if you need to bombard defences it works fine.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: Full Thrust Playtest? organic tech Next: Re: [GZG] Re: Full Thrust Playtest? (Simon White)