Re: [GZG] Re: Full Thrust Playtest? (Simon White)

From: Oerjan Ariander <oerjan.ariander@r...>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 19:09:48 +0200
Subject: Re: [GZG] Re: Full Thrust Playtest? (Simon White)

Vince wrote:

>> >Having run game, at conventions, including ECC GZG, SaVasku have
never
>> >been as powerful as you talk about them. I personally see no need to
>> >hinder them.
>>
>>Do you design your own SV ships along the lines John described, or do
you
>>stick to the designs from FB2?
>
>I had built one or two, but decided to stick strictly with the book
version

OK. FWIW the SV designs shown in FB2 are rather poor compared to what
can
be built under the SV ship design rules, so if you've only built a few
designs of your own you might not have experienced just how powerful
*optimized* SV designs are.

>for the main reason of them being living entities.

Living, sure, but artificial. There's nothing in either the texts or the
SV
ship design to stop the Sa'Vasku from creating (growing, breeding,
whatever) more powerful warships... and given the SV combat rules in
FB2,
the SV come across as rather stupid when they insist on growing such
inefficient warship designs when they could do so much better for
themselves :-/

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ariander@rixmail.se