Prev: Re: OFFER! Re: [GZG] New 15mm Vehicle Images up! Next: Re: Re: [GZG] [OT] Star Wars Miniatures: Starship Battles

Re: [GZG] [OT] Star Wars Miniatures: Starship Battles

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 07:39:09 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OT] Star Wars Miniatures: Starship Battles

Sylvester wrote on 10/18/2006 12:50:50 AM:

> > <Snip?
<Snip! ;->=

> >.... I'm just
> >hopeing(sic) to bring in even more fun play using straight
> tabletop. ;->=

As in FT, in case someone missed this admittedly subtle reference.

> >What the heck; if the game tanks, then the stuff will be
> cheap to pick up,
> >just the way MM's are much of the time. I'm about ready
> to run OGRE games
> >using old Mechwarrior clix stuff that has lost most of
> it's original value.
> >

> Another thing is that you will often see the exact same unit two to
> three times, with different stat cards and paint jobs, one being a
> common, another uncommon, and a third unique. This is most
> prevalent in the Mechwarrior clix stuff, ....

Just wanted to point out, in case someone wasn't aware, that clix are
produced by Wizkids, StarWars by Wizards of the Coast. I'm not a big fan
of
either game, but I've not seen the same sculpt reused in the same way in
either the Star Wars, or D&D collectable minis from WotC. Not saying it
doesn't happen, or won't, just that it's not a main theme the way it is
with Mage Knight, HeroEtAl, Mechwarrior, et al.

In MW, you get the regular three levels (rookie, veteran, elite?) plus
special named units, plus special 'clan' versions. Same fig goes a LONG
way. ;->=

However, I have seen earlier editions of the Star Wars figs drop in
prices;
my point was, same result on picking stuff cheap for other games.

Let's not forget that even the noble Jon has done some collectable
stuff.
Heck, I'm hoping to soon to have news to share about a fig based on me.

At least, that's likely to be collectable around here.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: OFFER! Re: [GZG] New 15mm Vehicle Images up! Next: Re: Re: [GZG] [OT] Star Wars Miniatures: Starship Battles